Would you like to improve your smile? If so, you might consider dental veneers, which are thin wafers of tooth-colored porcelain or composite resin material that can be permanently bonded to your front teeth. After helping you decide if veneers are right for you, a dental professional at Roxbury Family Dentistry in Succasunna, New Jersey, can use intricate laying techniques to place the veneers over the visible portions of y our front teeth.
The Many Benefits of Veneers for Teeth
Constructed of advanced materials, today’s dental veneers:
- Have a texture and translucence like natural tooth enamel
- Are highly durable and resistant to staining
- Can whiten and brighten teeth that have become permanently stained through years of smoking, drinking coffee or red wine, or eating pigmented foods such as tomato sauce
- Can mask tetracycline stains and other tooth discolorations that cannot be improved with teeth whitening
- Can effectively close a small gap between two teeth
- Can serve as “instant braces” to improve the alignment of slightly crooked teeth
- Can lengthen or reshape small teeth
- Can repair chipped or worn teeth
- Require less natural tooth reduction than dental crowns
Because your teeth and gums must be healthy before your veneers are placed, your dentist at Roxbury Family Dentistry will suggest a treatment plan to address any gum disease or tooth decay beforehand. Additionally, veneers may not be a good choice for you if you clench or grind your teeth at night.
Let’s Find the Option for You
After considering many factors, including your facial expressions, your personality, and your natural smile vs. your “social” smile, your dentist at Roxbury Family Dentistry can make customized recommendations to help you achieve the appearance you want. Rather than making your teeth look perfect or too good to be true, our goal is to enhance your smile while maintaining its unique character.
If you would like to learn more about dental veneers, contact Roxbury Family Dentistry at (973) 584-1066 today to schedule an appointment at our state-of-the-art office in Succasunna, NJ.